DS5 is a global community and players are expected to follow proper channels and protocols.
These are the basic rules - you are expected to read and abide by the Rules available in our database either before or shortly after joining.
• You must not publicly admonish or reprimand any other player out of character (Any OOC problems should be addressed to the Command team).
• Respect goes along way onboard DS5, not just for the Chain of Command but for every player. Remember the Golden Rule; treat others in your posts the way you want to be treated in theirs - with respect.
• Nobody under the age of 15 will be allowed to join DS5 - as some posts will contain strong language, sexual encounters or vivid descriptions of a sexual nature and violence. (If you are over 15 and this may offend you, please inform the Command Team).
• Be flexible, when you're SIMMing as anything can happen and have fun. Be creative and realistic as creativity is key, creative posts give life to your character.
• Pay attention to detail. Keep up with what others write in their posts- as it might be affecting your character!
• For every action there is a reaction. If you put your head in the warp core, chances are you're dead. Be consistent, that way others know what to expect of you.
• Stay involved, your player might not always be the centre of attention but that doesn't mean your character can't do anything. It is a big Station so communicate; talk out of character (OOC) with other crew members in emails and private messages. It builds cohesion and can add to creativity of DS5.
• If there is a disagreement between two crewmembers, the CO/XO will act as mediator and will have the final say in the matter. If a crew member has an issue or needs clarification, politely PM the Commanding Officer/Command Team.
• The CO can change the mission's ending at any time, It is the COs sole right to start or end a mission. You should not interfere substantially with the storyline such as finishing the mission early. Please speak to your CO/XO if you wish to substantially change the plot.
• Rules and guidelines are susceptible to change if it is in the best interest of the simulation.
• Characters must be original and have a full biography created by their players. They must not copy canon Star Trek characters. Develop your character. Make sure you use traits about your character in your posts. Don't write a BIO and then play your character completely different. It is for the Command Team to determine the final acceptability of any character information.
Any questions can be sent to maritza . soran @ gmail . com
Commander Maritza Soran